- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Rwanda Purchasing Coordinator
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
09 April 2020
Date Posted: Friday, March 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Rwanda Procurement team is responsible for over $1.5 million in spend each year across over 2,000 transactions and is responsible for all operational goods and service purchasing on behalf of over 300,000 smallholder farmers. This team purchases all items needed to keep our program running.
Working with the Procurement team requires frequent written and verbal communication with our suppliers as well as the various teams within One Acre Fund that we are procuring operational goods and services for. We are seeking a Purchasing Coordinator to provide support to the Rwanda Procurement team to put food on the farmer’s table by providing clients with access to the highest quality products, at the right time, every time, as cost-effectively as possible.
This position is responsible for executing all local purchasing functions in Rwanda by sourcing operational goods and services from suppliers to all OAF Rwanda offices. You will be responsible for a variety of categories including agricultural inputs and livestock products. The role is also responsible for identifying, planning and implementing key projects to improve quality, reduce cost, increase productivity and improve cycle time, resulting in internal clients’ satisfaction .
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct market research related to operational goods and services.
• Reinforce the organization’s supplier database through continuous market research.
• Assess prevailing market prices in order to estimate financial savings made through the Procurement team.
• Maintain long-term business relationships with the organization’s suppliers as well as identify and build new supplier relationships for new or existing products.
• Execute request for quotations, supplier selection, and purchases from Kigali and regions.
• Negotiate for the best prices for all purchased goods and services.
• Follow-up with the Finance team to make sure suppliers are paid on time.
• Build strong relationships with requesting departments.
• Support Purchasing team on supplier and category management activities.
Deliveries and client communication
• Negotiate best delivery/payment terms with suppliers.
• Ensure reception of goods at the organization’s Kigali offices.
• Collect all purchases’ supporting documents from suppliers and share with SAP Data Administrator in a timely manner.
• Improve customer satisfaction through the use of proactive communications – constantly keep clients updated on their requests status.
Systems and processes
• Provide support on various procurement projects execution.
• Work with internal departments to elaborate procurement plans for their various projects.
• Identify opportunities for cost savings through upstream supplier relationships.
• The Purchasing Coordinator will also perform any other duties as assigned by the manager.
The overarching goals of this role are:
5% cost saving.
90% of items delivered on time and in full.
95% positive customer satisfaction.
Job Skills: Not Specified
We are seeking exceptional professionals with experience in and a passion for procurement and/or supply chain preferably with an agribusiness background. Experience in an entrepreneurial environment is a plus.
Candidates that meet the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum 2-year work experience in a demanding professional environment.
• Experience or education in procurement/supply chain/logistics - agribusiness background preferred, but not required. We are looking for a smart individual that can learn quickly.
• Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Solid customer service skills and ability to handle a demanding, high-pressure environment.
• Strong work ethic and sense of responsibility.
• Strong quantitative thinking skills.
• Language: Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda (required), French (preferred)
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.