- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Roving Finance Manager
Jobs at:Food for the Hungry
Deadline of this Job:
03 April 2020
Date Posted: Friday, March 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Roving Finance manager will provide financial and grants management expertise to country offices in close collaboration with country finance teams and the regional finance team. The post holder will be required to travel extensively within the region, building capacity of country finance teams, backstopping for the Finance Managers in their absence, and providing additional capacity to in country finance teams during seasons of additional and or increased workload. The Roving FM will be expected to provide support to country offices during emergency responses and at the onset of new large grants while contributing to the development and advancement of policy and procedures .
• Collaboratively work with Country directors, Regional Finance teams in identifying capacity and or performance gaps and put in place measures to address the identified gaps.
• Conduct training for both finance & non-finance staff on both FH and donor procedures and requirements.
• Conduct informal on the job training sessions with finance teams on various aspects of financial management procedures.
• Lead in the roll out and implementation of new and or revised organizations financial procedures and standards.
• Work with country offices in regularly performing systems reviews and developing capacity building plans for partner organizations as identified through assessments.
Provide backup capacity to country office.
• Interim for senior country finance staff in their absences such as leave, resignations, etc.
• Provide additional financial support to country offices during periods of increased workload including scale up periods due to emergency responses.
• Work with country teams in the development of budgets for large grants as pre-determined during proposal development processes.
Internal Audits and compliance.
• Undertake extensive and periodic internal audit exercises to ensure that financial management practices are sound and in compliance with FH, donor rules and regulations and local government requirements; in line with this, work with country offices to develop action plans to address issues raised in audits.
• Work with country leadership and finance teams to address issues identified as areas of risk related to financial management by internal/external auditors and/or regional finance team.
• Closely work with in country finance teams in the preparation of the annual audit packs.
• Review finance and accounting transactions and ensure they are correct and in accordance to laid down procedures.
• Work with country procurement teams to ensure seamless procedures in place that are in tandem with finance procedures and donor regulations.
• When required provide assistance in the event of an upcoming donor audits.
• Follow up as required on issues raised by internal/donor audit during field monitoring visits.
Grant Management and Reporting.
• Work closely with country finance teams in ensuring that donor reports are submitted in time and in accordance to the stipulated guidelines. Review country reports prior to submission within the chain of hierarchy.
• Review all donor contracts and ensure that all project activities comply to donor agreements including project spending.
• Work closely with country teams in close-out procedures for grants and where required develop close-out checklists and ensure that projects phase out in accordance with the agreed plans, timelines and costs.
• Work closely with country finance teams to incorporate feedback from reviewed/analyzed reports.
• Maintain all donors grant agreement copies, financial and audit reports.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Level Specifications
• Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ and Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose.
• Has thorough understanding of development and/or missions.
• Has a strong aptitude for organizational change, participatory and servant leadership, innovation, learning and team building.
• Be interested in the growth and well-being of the staff and Strong people-management and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability in analyzing financial documents, projections, expenditures, and accruals.
• Proven ability to manage, motivate and mentor staff at all levels and create a positive team environment.
• Application of computer Literate (Microsoft Suite, Advanced Excel).
• Must have a proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and a practical knowledge of financial systems and internal controls.
• Must demonstrate compatible to FH VVP with proven leadership skills, strong Christian values and able to work in a cross-cultural setting.
• Must have good oral and written communication skills, team building skills, and ability to work in a cross-cultural environment with multi-national staff.
• Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and ability to diagnose finance issues and mitigate effectively with a balanced procedural aspect avoiding any conflict of interest in a cost-effective manner.
• Working experience with USAID and other donors in the grants space (UN agencies, DFID, etc.).
• Proven expertise with USAID rules and regulation on Procurement and Financial Management.
• Proven experience in treasury activities, establishment and monitoring of budgets, and an understanding of data processing concepts and systems.
• Strong training and capacity building experience.
• Develops and maintains good working relationships between fields, National Organizations and Enabling Services.
• Effectively and efficiently manages all resources entrusted to him/her for work purposes.
• Willingness to spend up to 60% of their time in country offices including remotely located field operation sites.
• A degree in Business Administration (Accounting/ Finance options) or Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) from a recognized and certified institution or university. A Master’s degree is an asset.
• Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant any equivalent.
• Language: Proficiency in spoken and written English. Fluency in either French and or Portuguese will be an added advantage. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• 6 years of experience in a similar or senior finance position with an International NGO, preferably with experience of Sub Sahara.
• Practical experience in using a wide range of accounting software including Sun systems 6.1.1, Q&A XL and Q&A Executive or MS Dynamics 365 and Power BI on hand and fluent operation and interpretation level.
• Experience in auditing and systems review.
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.