- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Deadline of this Job:
01 April 2020
Date Posted: Friday, March 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ALIGHT works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people and host communities – to better survive conflicts and crisis, and to rebuild lives of dignity, health, security, and self-sufficiency. ALIGHT presently works in and with partners in seventeen countries globally. ALIGHT has consistently operated in Rwanda since the year 1994, and today has a strong and committed team of over eight hundred personnel who include full-time staff, community mobilizers, and incentive workers– implementing programs in Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV and Nutrition; also Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Shelter and general Infrastructure, Livelihoods/Economic strengthening, and Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Prevention/ Protection. Our work in Rwanda currently covers all the refugee locations and their kind Rwandan-host communities. And we are always looking to expand and, jointly with our partners, offer lasting impact with and for the communities we serve! ALIGHT is looking for qualified, self-driven and committed individuals to join its roster/register as Temporary Registered Nurses (on call), and who would be available at short notice to support health service delivery and programming at any one of the field sites (refugee camps) where ALIGHT has active health operations.
The primary responsibility is providing nursing care to patients by administering medications, observing and monitoring patients’ conditions, maintaining records, and consultations, support and communication with Alight Medical Doctors. .
• Interview patients to obtain information that guide diagnosis, including a physical examination of the patient while in consultation;
• Write all lab exams and findings in patient file and in register books
• Prescribe treatment for the patient consulted with extra attention on doses and side effects;
• Perform PIT when it is necessary, and report all HIV-positive cases to HIV Program. Also ensure FP is fully integrated in consultation
• Maintain medical materials and equipment undercharge
• Coordinate with other health staff on self-assessment of clinical skills and challenges
• Follow up on patients that s/he has consulted and is hospitalized
• Organize, complete, and manage patient data files according to confidentiality/organizational health programming protocols
• Provide information to each patient details his/her conditions, medications and health education;
• Perform required recordkeeping procedures when registering patients according to health center protocol
Job Skills: Not Specified
REQUIRED SKILLS, BEHAVIORS & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum A1 Diploma in Nursing from a recognized university with full registration and current practicing license from Rwanda Medical Council
• Minimum of two years previous experience in Nursing with a high level of skills in Clinical Services
• Demonstrated knowledge of Health Information Systems, Nutrition, and HIV protocols, and Primary and Reproductive Health Care concepts, informed by Rwanda’s Ministry of Health protocols and guidelines
• Excellent report writing, communication skills, and analytical skills for Health Data;
• Capable communicator in English and Kinyarwanda; including written; also, conversance with French;
• Self-motivated and customer-oriented with a strong sense of personal ethic, integrity and quality
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified registered nurses should submit 1page Cover letter, an updated CV (maximum three pages) and names, title, and contacts of three professional referees, to include most current employer/supervisor (all in/as one document) - via email only to: RWJobs@wearealight.org with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is April 1st, 2020 at 16:00hrs. However due to urgency to update the roster, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and decisions may be taken before the indicated deadline once suitable candidates are available. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.