- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Deadline of this Job:
01 April 2020
Date Posted: Friday, March 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ALIGHT works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people and host communities – to better survive conflicts and crisis, and to rebuild lives of dignity, health, security, and self-sufficiency. ALIGHT presently works in and with partners in seventeen countries globally. ALIGHT has consistently operated in Rwanda since the year 1994, and today has a strong and committed team of over eight hundred personnel who include full-time staff, community mobilizers, and incentive workers– implementing programs in Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV and Nutrition; also Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Shelter and general Infrastructure, Livelihoods/Economic strengthening, and Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Prevention/ Protection. Our work in Rwanda currently covers all the refugee locations and their kind Rwandan-host communities. And we are always looking to expand and, jointly with our partners, offer lasting impact with and for the communities we serve! ALIGHT is looking for a qualified, self-driven and committed individual to join its roster/register as Temporary Medical Doctor (on-call), and who would be available at short notice to support health service delivery and programming at any one of the field sites (refugee camps) where ALIGHT has active health operations.
The Medical Doctor will be responsible for the delivery of quality health services including consultations, diagnosis, and treatment of clients in accordance with the MoH protocols. He/she will be responsible to provide technical assistance and build the capacity of the health facility staff to improve the quality of health service delivery. .
• Plans and provides primary health care services to beneficiaries, including consultations, diagnosis, writing prescriptions, care plans, and minor surgery
• Technically supports health activities including curative, preventive, and community health
• Ensures health facilities adhere to national and international health standards, specifically from the Ministry of Health and WHO, supported by the Health Coordinator
• Oversee the management of non-communicable diseases
• Collaborate with Head Nurse, HIV/AIDS Coordinator, and Nutrition Coordinator for planning and implementing primary health services
• Provides technical support for health education activities in the clinic and during outreach sessions
• Collaborates with Health Coordinator and other coordinators in developing standards and procedures for the Medical Staff and in monitoring the continuity of Medical activities
• Maintains standards of confidentiality and patient privacy in maintaining credential files and the electronic medical database
• Promote environmental sanitation activities within the health facilities to minimize environmental health hazards
• Provide technical support to Nurses and Lab Technicians through regular meetings, mentorship, and organizing on the job training for technical health facility staff
• Establish strategies for efficient health activities and its application
• Participate in reporting and analyzing monthly, quarterly and annual reports, including stock reports on pharmaceuticals and HIS data
• Maintains appropriate records in collaboration with the Pharmacist on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis. Regularly follows up the clinic requirement of all drugs, medical and non-medical supplies
• Supervise immunization and other clinic sessions organized at the health center
• Assist Midwives during antenatal, delivery, postnatal care and family planning services
• Diagnose, treat and prescribe drugs using MoH treatment guidelines and common childhood illnesses using IMCI protocols
• Assess children with severe malnutrition with specification and refer accordingly
• Treatment and early referral of medical, surgical and obstetric emergencies
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor, or any other ALIGHT Senior Manager.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Medical Doctor from a recognized university with full registration and current practicing license with a relevant professional body (Rwanda Medical Council)
• A minimum of 2 years) clinical working experience in Rwanda health system
• Experience in capacity building of health staff with good leadership qualities
• Commitment to the goals and values of ALIGHT
• Analytical and organizational skills/experience with health data
• Demonstrated knowledge of Health Information Systems, Nutrition protocols, HIV protocols, and Primary and Reproductive Health Care concepts, including Rwandan Ministry of Health protocols and guidelines
• Strong report writing skills with proven organizational/multi-tasking skills.
• Oral/writing skills in Kinyarwanda, English, and French.
• Must have cross-cultural and strong interpersonal skills to work with refugees and vulnerable persons.
• Experience in a rural health center/ hospital setting
• Computer knowledge is an advantage.
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
• Experience working in a refugee situation is an advantage
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES:
• Excellent strategic thinking, process management, and problem-solving skills
• Collaborative, result-oriented management style
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, effectively managing multiple priorities.
• Ability and willingness to live and work in a remote, low-resource setting
• Cultural awareness and sensitivity essential.
• Ability to establish rapport with highly placed government officials, as well as with the UN, NGOs and other stakeholders.
• Effective decision-maker.
• Ability to manage staff under the project and ensure a good working relationship with and between staff and stakeholders for a smooth implementation of the project.
• Ability to develop implementation plans with a logical framework as well as develop monitoring and evaluation tools and processes to ensure that set goals and targets are achieved.
• Can handle stressful situations without compromising the achievement of goals and objectives.
• Well-versed with organizational policies and able to ensure staff compliance.
• Initiative, resourcefulness, and innovation
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified registered nurses should submit 1page Cover letter, an updated CV (maximum three pages) and names, title, and contacts of three professional referees, to include most current employer/supervisor (all in/as one document) - via email only to: RWJobs@wearealight.org with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is April 1st, 2020 at 16:00hrs. However due to urgency to update the roster, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and decisions may be taken before the indicated deadline once suitable candidates are available. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.