- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Literacy Boost Coordinator
Jobs at:World Vision International Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
29 March 2020
Date Posted: Friday, March 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To lead the implementation, coordination and technical support for McGovern Education Project. Contribute to achieving WVR’s Child Wellbeing Targets in designated district through planning, monitoring and implementing Education Technical Programme in line with applicable Technical Approaches and WVR National Strategy. The job holder will have technical accountability to oversee programs and geographical accountability by supervising all education activities in a specific Area Program .
The major responsibilities include:
• The position will lead the effective implementation of McGovern/USAID project interventions, ensuring coordination between APs, cluster, and the district technical staffs through open, timely, intentional and clear communication.
• He/she will be responsible for Education & Life skills project planning and implementation in the district area;
• Will liaise with the Education sector lead to promote literacy boost & Life skills activities for quality implementation of Education & Life skills projects models;
Design Monitoring & Evaluation
• Providing technical leadership for quality assessments, and development of district Detailed Implementation Plans
• Working with M&E specialist to conduct the measurement of youth life skills, functional literacy, early grade reading and early grade math skills.
• Supporting the Design Monitoring&Evaluaton team in the development of Education & Life skills programs monitoring system, development and/or adaptation of tools and adoption of the tools
• Ensuring effective documentation of all the information related to Education & Lifeskills program successes, innovations and promising practices and disseminate through appropriate mechanisms.
Resource mobilization and Networking
• Contribute to the production, and review of concept papers and proposals for funding agencies
• Establish and maintain partnerships with key Education related departments at sector and district level
Job Skills: Not Specified
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Pedagogy.
• Strong background in pedagogy, business entrepreneurship, and/or innovating community development
• Experience in instructional approaches, material development, instructional toolkit preparation, current classroom organization.
• Experience in providing technical support to district-level education personnel
• Ability to work with quality assurance officers, principals, teachers, and volunteers in education
• Interest and ability to relate positively to children, staff and parents.
• Ability to implement community participation strategy in the improvement of basic education
• Strong skills in networking with education sector stakeholders in the field as well as other network of educators or organizations.
• Effective in written and verbal communication in English and Kinyarwanda
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process.
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.