- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Global Health, Safety and Security Lead
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
19 May 2020
Date Posted: Monday, March 23, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking for experienced health, safety and security professionals to take on an important leadership role in the Corporate Operations Department. One Acre Fund is an expanding organization, with a team of over 7,000 staff distributed across 10 locations within Africa and Asia. We understand that our locations of work can at times pose heightened risks. Given this, we invest in the safety, security, and well-being of our team, and so see this role as essential to the success of the organization.
The Health, Safety and Security (HSS) team forms an important component of our Corporate Operations department, and members of the HSS teamwork with our most senior leaders to create the One Acre Fund's Health, Safety and Security strategy and implement it. In this role, you will ensure the delivery of this strategy through the development of simple and scalable systems to mitigate risk and improve our preparedness to keep our staff safe and healthy. You will also lead the response to any situations that do arise, such as staff injury in the field or political instability in one of our countries of operation .
The overarching goals of this role are to:
• Design and deliver solutions to observed operational challenges relating to health, safety, and security issues by guiding implementation through a team of staffers across our locations. These challenges, if not managed well, would cause significant risks and barriers to the organization as we seek to scale up globally.
• Create a strategic approach to organization-level health, safety & security work and promote organizational policy, structural procedures and on-the-ground responses following this strategy.
• Coordinate response to acute emergencies (e.g. staff security incidents or road traffic accidents) or longer-term crises (e.g. global COVID-19 pandemic). Responses to emergencies affecting our staff are important moments in the morale and retention of staff. Getting the response right depends on thinking on your feet, working with a lot of different people, applying a range of skills, and advocating for the well-being of all affected parties.
• Build Team: Hire and manage a team of in-country security experts who will ensure that systems and processes are maintained to an excellent level on a daily basis, to lead on the smooth roll-out of new projects, and to provide leadership systems on the ground in all locations.
• Build Relationships: Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships across several departments, amongst in-country leaders, senior leaders in the organization, and a range of international security partners to create agreement and momentum on systemic improvements to our health, safety and security systems.
• Educate and Influence behavior change: Use intel communications, internal systems, and trainings to improve staff awareness, education, and behavior patterns to mitigate risks and improve their safety.
Job Skills: Not Specified
We are looking for someone with 5+ years of strong project management experience at an NGO, private organization, or a security consultancy organization. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
• Passion for operations, building scalable and efficient systems and solving problems in a difficult operating environment.
• Experience managing teams and developing leaders; experience in remote management a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• High levels of emotional resilience and emotional intelligence.
• Related Master’s Degree is an asset, but not strictly required.
• A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role.
• Experience working in a multicultural workplace in a developing country a plus.
• Language: Fluent English. French and/or Swahili also valuable.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.