- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
19 May 2020
Date Posted: Monday, March 23, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking for someone to reflect the voice of and to execute on behalf of the Executive Director. As One Acre Fund grows, our Executive Director is focused on an increasingly diverse set of priorities, from communicating with external partners to marshaling resources for new internal projects. You would work very closely with him on those priorities to help move forward One Acre Fund’s overall strategy .
Executive-level, strategic communications: We believe well-crafted communication of our strategy is essential to One Acre Fund’s success. You will reflect the voice of our Executive Director in communications with the most important influencers in the sector and internal audiences. Examples include:
• Set the vision and create the content for monthly Town Halls, the organization's forum for keeping staff up to date and aware of the organization's strategic direction.
Draft an annual strategy letter to set vision and guidance for internal staff. One-off, fast analyses and tasks: These are analyses and tasks of one week or shorter duration, typically exploring a new strategic direction. For example:
• Write a memo summarizing the market opportunities for sorghum and millet in East Africa.
• Recommend a methodology for projecting the average household size of smallholder farmer families in 2030.
One Acre Fund-wide initiatives: As we become more complex, there is an increasing number of projects that do not fall cleanly into an existing department. You will move forward essential projects across multiple departments. For example:
• Build an organization-wide initiative to increase the number of job candidates referred by our staff – to satisfy the hiring needs of a fast-growing organization.
Currently, we are planning for the Office of the CEO to include 1-2 jnr analyst/analysts, 1-2 managers, and a director. We are excited about the possibility for this expansion to support professional development opportunities, team support, and an ability to specialize.
Job Skills: Not Specified
We are looking for candidates who have recently graduated with a Bachelor's degree. This is a career-track role, with a two-year minimum. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
• Exceptional written communicator. You can engage a range of audiences, including internal staff, external partners, and organizational leadership.
• Research ability. You have experience conducting the powerful secondary research.
• Logical thinking. You approach problems in a structured way.
• Professional/technical skills, including high proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Leadership experiences.
• Humility. We are looking for leaders who bring good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
• Language: English required.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.