- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Pact Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
14 August 2020
Date Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Department Overview Pact seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Director for the ACHIEVE Rwanda program. ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners. The aim of ACHIEVE Rwanda is to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in selected high burden districts in Rwanda. The strategic objectives support the Government of Rwanda strategies and priorities for HIV mitigation and prevention, with an emphasis on minimizing negative impacts of HIV on OVC and AGYW; addressing social, behavioral and structural drivers of HIV, and improving access to comprehensive SRH and violence response services to prevent new infections. The project supports OVC services in two districts and DREAMS activities in two districts. The project also provides capacity development to two local implementing partners to coordinate and support OVC and DREAMS service delivery programming and for USAID and PEPFAR project implementation. .
The Program Assistant will provide administrative and coordination support to the Program team with the implementation of program activities and capacity development support for local partners.
• Support implementation of OVC capacity development activities in collaboration with the program team.
• Support the coordination and logistics for training for local partners on DREAMS and OVC service delivery topics, USAID and PEPFAR financial management, operations, human resources, grants management, monitoring and evaluation, and other topics as required.
• Support with the organization of meetings and peer learning opportunities among local partners and project stakeholders.
• Provide administrative support to the project’s Senior Management Team for meeting planning, documentation, and logistics.
• Coordinate logistics and travel for project staff and short-term technical assistance providers.
• Support the development and management of the project’s filing systems, to ensure that program and administrative documentation is well organized, accessible to staff for knowledge management, and in line with USAID requirements.
• Assist in monitoring annual work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverables and results/outputs.
• Provide administrative support as needed.
• Other duties as may be required.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• BA/B.Sc. in, public health, public administration, business, international development, or another related field.
• At least two (2) years of work experience in HIV/AIDS, public health, OVC, or capacity development programs.
• Excellent communication, and organizational skills and the ability to work with diverse teams and stakeholders.
• Experience in OVC case management, DREAMS programs, and/or capacity development would be a plus.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, or similar software.
• Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines.
• Experience in providing administrative support to work teams.
• Willingness to travel domestically up to 30% of the time.
• Demonstrated success implementing programming at the community level
• Expertise in and sensitivity to the socio-cultural barriers facing intended beneficiaries for this program
• Local candidates preferred
The pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applications with a motivation letter and CV shall be sent through the following email address: email@example.com not later than August 12, 2020 mentioning the position title as a subject to email
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.