- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:FAWE Rwanda Chapter
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Purpose: IT technical support officer monitors and maintain the computer systems and networks of the Centre. You will be installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in-person .
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Providing technical assistance and analysis on computer software and hardware and ensuring continuous modernization and updating of application systems;
• Facilitate the Rwanda Women Career Center in computerization and networking operations.
• Administer and provide technical support for the Local Area Network (LAN) system and ensures the following:
o Active Directory
o Data security;
o Server and database archives, tape back-up of the entire system;
o Reliable protection from data loss, corruption and/or virus infection;
o The effective functioning of internal messaging functions and internet access;
o Wireless and TCP/IP protocol suite are functioning smoothly.
• Install and upgrade computer software and security systems and ensure the maintenance of high-performance configuration;
• Ensure the purchase of computers and related equipment meets the appropriate specifications and required standard;
• Providing technical support in the utilization and administration of information technology and related equipment (Help desk);
• Orienting and training network users on how to use the network, internet and email system and its software package;
• Ensure the technical development for the Kigali City website design and update.
• Operating in different two sites of the city of Kigali to ensure computer maintenance, networks, and database/software in the entire system is working smoothly.
• Prepare reports for the ICT Unit.
• Participate in management meeting system projector, sound, video in a conference hall, and other meetings for Kigali City.
• To managing and Monitoring Disaster Recovery replication.
Key Result Areas:
• Running regular checks on network and data security
• Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and system
• Conducting regular system audits
• Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
• Managing and reporting on the allocation of IT budget
• Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
• Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
• Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Performing any other duties as may be directed to you
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Information and Technology (BIT) from a recognized university
• At least 3years experience in a similar or related role.
• Certificates in Networking Design and Administration, Software Development, and Hardware Maintenance.
• Analytical ability
• Good interpersonal
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If interested in the above-mentioned position, submit your application to FAWE Rwanda Office located at REB premises at Kimironko not later than 6th August 2020 at 4:00 p.m. Please indicate in the subject line: “IT OFFICER” with the following attachments:
• Motivation Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Copies of academic credentials
• National ID
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.