- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Human Resource and Administration Officer
Jobs at:Pact Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
14 August 2020
Date Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Department Overview Pact seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Director for the ACHIEVE Rwanda program. ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners. The aim of ACHIEVE Rwanda is to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in selected high burden districts in Rwanda. The strategic objectives support the Government of Rwanda strategies and priorities for HIV mitigation and prevention, with an emphasis on minimizing negative impacts of HIV on OVC and AGYW; addressing social, behavioral and structural drivers of HIV, and improving access to comprehensive SRH and violence response services to prevent new infections. The project supports OVC services in two districts and DREAMS activities in two districts. The project also provides capacity development to two local implementing partners to coordinate and support OVC and DREAMS service delivery programming and for USAID and PEPFAR project implementation. .
• Reviews revise and streamline general HR procedures, templates, and forms to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the department;
• Administers HRIS database, staff changes, ensuring the accuracy of employee data, designing, producing and running ongoing monthly HR reports including HR metrics, compensation, benefits, etc.;
• Assumes primary responsibility for setup, maintenance, and compliance of departmental files, including personnel files;
• Drives on-boarding and off-boarding process, orientations, paperwork, departmental coordination;
• Liaises and partners with payroll and accounting to successfully administer payroll and process departmental invoices for payment;
• Maintains exit interview data, identifying trends and recommending actions to address concerns;
• Assumes primary responsibility for performance management activities, coordinating training schedules;
• Conducts periodic internal audits of HR files to ensure compliance with country statutes and regulations; assist with the compilation of statistics and material in support of various compliance requirements;
• Facilitates recruitment activities, developing and posting job descriptions, screening candidates, and ensuring the seamless transition from candidate to the employee;
• Serves as subject matter expert for HR Information, Applicant Tracking, and Performance Management System; ensures smooth administration and training for departmental and organization-wide users;
• Provides best in class support, service, guidance and contextual detail to staff for a variety of employment-related questions, concerns and issues related to the full HR life cycle;
• Liaison, as necessary, with in-country payroll company;
• Responsible for daily administrative duties and ad-hoc operations projects;
• Manages the office leasing and maintenance, including supplies and furniture;
• Manages operations and office procedures, as well as filling systems;
• Enforces the policies and procedures that govern Pact Rwanda;
• Coordinate and prepares for meetings, workshops, and events by assisting with registrations, payments, and confirmation, reserving rooms, and arranging for refreshments and necessary equipment. Managing attendance register;
• Coordinate messenger and courier service, scan and copy official documents;
• Maintain a list of local vendors, ensure that proper invoices and other payment supporting documentation are submitted by vendors. Submission of the finance unit;
• Ensure office equipment and supplied are properly maintained and serviced by ensuring that all assets are properly recorded and listed; all assets are properly tagged;
• Liaises with IT consultants and Pact Global IT to troubleshoot issues around the office;
• Other duties as assigned. Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
• Two years’ experience with International Human Resources;
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage time effectively and get stuff done;
• Ability to exercise sound and timely judgment and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information;
• Demonstrated sensitivity and discretion when handling confidential information;
• Demonstrated ability to be professional, calm, flexible, resilient, solution-oriented, and creative;
• Excellent verbal and written communication and skills;
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT).
• Minimum of four years’ experience with International Human Resources;
• Experience with USAID and/or other NGO operating in the donor-funded environment;
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ethical management practices.
• Professional-level English language skills (written and oral)
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applications with a motivation letter and CV shall be sent through the following email address: email@example.com not later than August 12, 2020 mentioning the position title as a subject to email
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.